Website Terms of Service
Last updated: November 7, 2012
1. Definitions. 1.1 “Content” means any and all static images, audio and/or video materials, text (including without limitation any comments, inquiries, advice and/or requests), images, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and any intellectual property contained in any of the foregoing that You upload or otherwise provide to Ooyala and/or which You view in connection with the Website. For clarity, Content as defined and used herein relates solely to Content that You provide in connection with or related to the Website and does not relate to content provided by Ooyala in connection with the Website nor does it relate to the term Content as such term may be defined and/or utilized in any separate written agreement executed by and between You and Ooyala pursuant to which you pay for services offerings (which shall be governed instead by such other agreement with respect to such services offerings). IN NO EVENT WILL YOU UPLOAD OR OTHERWISE PROVIDE OOYALA WITH CONTENT OR LINKS THAT CONTAIN PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF YOU AND/OR OF ANY THIRD PARTY; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT YOU MAY PROVIDE OOYALA WITH YOUR OWN NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU ELECT TO CONTACT OOYALA VIA EMAIL OR OTHERWISE BY OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE. AS USED HEREIN, THE TERM “PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION” MEANS INFORMATION CONTAINING THE SPECIFICS OF WHO AN INDIVIDUAL IS THAT MIGHT ENABLE SOMEONE TO IDENTIFY, CONTACT, OR LOCATE SUCH INDIVIDUAL. 1.2 “Links” means links to Yours or some third party website for which you have permission from such third party to use. 1.3 “Suppliers” means third party licensors, subcontractors and/or vendors that supply some or all portions of the Website. 1.4 “You” or “Your” means the individual, corporation or other entity that accesses and/or uses the Website or any portion (including without limitation any webpage) thereof.
2. Content and Links. Ooyala may, but is not required, to provide You with login credentials to permit You to upload Content and/or Links on certain specified pages of the Website. With respect to Content and Links that You provide to Ooyala in connection with your access to and/or use of the Website, You hereby grant Ooyala a worldwide, royalty-free, cost-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable right and license to (i) utilize for any purposes in Ooyala’s sole discretion all Content and Links that You provide to Ooyala, and (ii) to modify, edit and/or delete Content, and may delete Links, all in Ooyala’s sole discretion without notice to You. For clarity, the foregoing use rights are limited to Content and Links that You provide in connection with or related to the Website and does not relate to Content (or related use rights or restrictions) as such term may be utilized in any written agreement executed by and between You and Ooyala pursuant to which you pay for services offerings (which shall be governed instead by such other agreement with respect to such services offerings). You are solely responsible for all matters arising out of or in connection with the Content and Links including, without limitation, ensuring that the Content and Links do not contain Prohibited Content (as defined in the AUP), and You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Ooyala and its Suppliers for any third party claims based on Content and/or Links that You provide to Ooyala. Under no circumstances will Ooyala or its Suppliers be liable in any way for Content or Links, including, but not limited to, for any defamation, infringement, falsehoods, errors or omissions in any such Content and/or Links, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use or publication of any Content and/or Links. You acknowledge that neither Ooyala nor its Suppliers will be responsible for preventing or identifying infringement of intellectual property rights or other violations associations with the Content and/or Links, and that Ooyala, and its Suppliers assume no responsibility to edit, review, or oversee Content and/or Links submitted, uploaded, distributed, retrieved, or viewed in connection with use of thereof. You agree that you must immediately notify Ooyala of any actual or suspected infringement of third party intellectual property rights and/or any actual or suspected violations of third party privacy or other rights related to Content provided by You. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Ooyala may, but is not required to, preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonable or necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Website TOS; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; and/or (iv) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Ooyala, its Suppliers, users and/or the public.
5. Website Ownership; Feedback. Ooyala and its Suppliers own all right, title and interest in and to the Website (including without limitation all technology and content therein) including associated intellectual property rights under copyright, trade secret, patent, trademark and/or other applicable domestic and international laws. Any and all rights not expressly granted by Ooyala are reserved to Ooyala and its Suppliers. Ooyala is not required to accept unsolicited feedback about the Website and/or Ooyala’s products and/or services (the foregoing, individually and collectively, “Feedback”). If You do provide Feedback to Ooyala, i, then Ooyala shall own all rights in and to such Feedback and any derivative technologies, methodologies, compilations and/or any other resultant uses based on or developed through or by using such Feedback and You shall take all necessary actions that may be requested by Ooyala to perfect Ooyala’s rights in and to such feedback.
6. OOYALA MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE OF THE SUITABILITY OF THE WEBSITE (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) FOR YOUR PURPOSES, THAT THE USE OF THE WEBSITE SHALL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE SHALL FUNCTION PROPERLY IN COMBINATION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICES, TECHNOLOGY, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEMS OR DATA. THE WEBSITE (AND ALL PORTIONS THEREOF) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS" BY OOYALA AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS AND ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO INTERRUPTION, LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF INTERNET APPLICATIONS AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND OOYALA AND ITS SUPPLIERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH DELAYS, OR OTHER FAILURES, OR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING THEREFROM. THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL OOYALA OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR ANY OF THEIR SUCCESSORS IN INTEREST BE LIABLE TO YOU BASED ON YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF AND/OR YOUR RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) INCLUDING ANY SUPPORT ADVICE THAT MAY BE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH (PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE FOREGOING SHALL NOT DIMINISH ANY SUPPORT OBLIGATIONS THAT OOYALA MAY HAVE TO YOU UNDER ANY SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT EXECUTED BY YOU AND OOYALA, WHICH SHALL BE GOVERNED BY SUCH OTHER AGREEMENT). TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, (I) IN NO EVENT SHALL OOYALA OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INFORMATION, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE WEBSITE (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF), OR YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF), EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND (II) YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND OOYALA’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS COMBINED RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR INCIDENTAL TO THE WEBSITE AND/OR THIS WEBSITE TOS FOR ANY REASON SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL DIRECT DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU UP TO A MAXIMUM OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100 USD). THIS SECTION SHALLY APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Trademark Information; Copyrights. Ooyala, Backlot, Ooyala Actionable Analytics, Ooyala Now, Ooyala Discovery, Ooyala Community, the Ooyala dots design mark, the Ooyala word mark, and other Ooyala logos and product and service names are trademarks of Ooyala, Inc. (collectively, the “Ooyala Marks”). You agree not to modify the Website or any portion thereof; without limiting the forgoing, You shall not remove any Ooyala Marks and any copyright notices that are contained within and/or affixed to the Website (or any portion thereof). You agree not to display or use in any manner the Ooyala Marks without Ooyala’s prior written permission, which may be withheld in Ooyala’s sole discretion. All technology and content within the Website are: Copyright 2008-2012. Ooyala, Inc. All rights reserved (as shall be deemed updated from year to year without need to amend these Terms of Service). Ooyala and Backlot are registered trademarks of Ooyala, Inc. in the United States, Japan, and European Community and other geographical regions.
9. Governing Law. You understand and agree that this Website TOS shall in all cases be governed by the laws of the State of California as such laws apply to contracts between California residents performed entirely within California, without regard to conflict of law provisions. Any action or proceeding arising from or relating to the Website and/or this Website TOS may only be brought in the State and Federal courts located in Santa Clara, California and each party irrevocably submits to such exclusive jurisdiction and venue.
Ooyala copyright 2008-2012. Ooyala and Backlot are the registered trademarks of Ooyala, Inc.