Ooyala hosted its second annual Asia Pacific & Japan Partner Summit in Singapore earlier this month, attracting more than 70 partner representatives from eight countries to discuss topics ranging from the explosive growth of mobile viewing to the opportunities available in monetization of locally produced content throughout the world.
A highlight of the conference was a lively panel in which Ooyala’s Andrea Shannon, Senior Director, Business Development, was joined by Adrian Britton, VP - Products, Telstra Software Group, David Habben, Chief Media Strategist, Akamai, Dermot Greally, Microsoft, Jason Senn, Managing Director, Gigya, Michael Greco, VP APAC, Vindicia, and Keith Budge, VP & GM, APJ, Ooyala. Topics discussed included:
- Emerging trends in the OTT market in APJ region.
- The importance of partnering and collaboration to deliver great outcomes to our customers. And,
- The scope of identity management and how it would work across online video and social media.
The event concluded with Partner Awards, based on business success criteria and the partners’ contribution to the Ooyala video ecosystem during 2014. Partners represent an important part of Ooyala’s growth and expansion strategy in the region.
The 3 categories of APJ Partner Awards were:
- Top Business Partner - Webqem (Australia) - Webqem is the very first Ooyala partner in Australia. They specialized in site and application development and have since worked with Ooyala to expand our customer base in government, sports and commercial industry.
- Top Channel Partner - CJ Powercast (Korea) - CJ Powercast has been an Ooyala partner since we started our business focus in South Korea, over 3 years. With dedicated resources as well as passion for Ooyala and the online video business, CJ Powercast played a pivotal role in closing the deal with LG, a high profile Korean conglomerate.
- Top New Partner - Fuji Soft (Japan) - Since becoming an Ooyala value-added reseller in July, Fuji Soft Inc, a prominent SI in Japan, has formed a highly capable team to lead Ooyala deals in the online video industry.
“Congratulations to the winners of the Ooyala Partner Awards 2014. We are very pleased to have these companies as Ooyala partners,” said Ooyala’s Budge. “During 2014, every partner in our ecosystem showed strong commitment to advancing the business of video and advertising for broadcasters and publishers in the region; as well as strong alignment with Ooyala’s business strategy. As we continue to scale our business and platform throughout Asia Pacific and Japan, we look forward to continuous collaboration and joint selling with our partners.”