Ooyala continues to lead in the field of Media Logistics because we understand how important metadata is to the modern media producer and distributor. If you’re not convinced of that importance, check out our recent whitepaper Metadata: The Future of Video from Concept to Consumer.
The latest update to Ooyala Flex offers features that add more depth to how you can create and manage metadata, specifically the new Temporal Metadata and Dynamic Timelines features.
- Temporal Metadata enables you to mark an event when it occurs during a video and enter metadata to describe that event. For example, if you have a video of a soccer match, every time a goal is scored you could place a marker or range on the timeline that contains metadata to describe the details of the goal such as the player who scored it, the goalkeeper, the team, and so on.
- With Dynamic Timelines, you can configure multiple timelines for any given asset category. Each timeline can represent specific metadata captured as part of an asset's lifecycle, such as a visual/audio event, scene descriptors, soundtrack, product placement, legal, etc. Related timelines can also be grouped, so they appear as a single track when exposed in the MAM.
- A further metadata enhancement in this release is the ability to make changes to the Object Hierarchy Management from within the Ooyala Flex MAM application. This allows users to manage user defined hierarchical structures and view, navigate, and create metadata instances that reflect data structures in a visual/interactive panel for advanced business reporting.
In addition to the metadata improvements, there are several new plugins and extensions available that make it easier to manage and publish your content.
- We now give you access to the full breadth of the cloud based encoding features of the Standard Media Encoder within Azure Media Services.
- With the new Replace Content Plugin you are to replace assets in Ooyala Flex more easily, the process overwrites the existing asset maintaining metadata that you have already applied, and updates with new technical metadata from the updated asset as a seamless process.
- The new End of Review plugin enables you to customize the status buttons for the end of the review session. These buttons can move beyond Review/Approve to allow you have custom statuses like ‘Approve,' ‘Reject,' ‘Publish to Social’, or ‘Archive.' This allows for much more control and automation of the review process, saving your team’s valuable time.
- With the DIVArchive Video Restore plugin, you can either restore a whole video or perform a partial restore on a video that is currently in your DIVArchive directly from Ooyala Flex.
- And finally, the new Publish/Unpublish to Twitter plugin (as the name suggests) enables you to publish or unpublish a video with its associated Tweet to Twitter.
With this latest update you can see how Ooyala Flex continues to allow you to build even more powerful metadata sets that can drive your entire content pipeline. The new Temporal Metadata and Dynamic Timelines along with the many new plugins ensure that your media assets work for you.
To find out how Ooyala Flex can help your organization, schedule a meeting with us at IBC or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.