Ooyala Releases New Video Sharing Platform
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
PLATFORM ALLOWS FOR QUICK CREATION OF VIDEO CLIPS AND DISTRIBUTION TO SOCIAL NETWORKING PLATFORMS LIKE FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND DIGG
(Mountain View, CA) February 23, 2010 - Ooyala, Inc., a leading provider of end-to-end video platform applications, today announced the release of a new video sharing platform. The new sharing features allow publishers and consumers to create and share their own dynamic clips from within the Ooyala video player.
"We are giving publishers and consumers more granular control of how and where they share video." says Bismarck Lepe, Co founder and President of Products at Ooyala. "We noticed that many consumers were sharing entire videos when they only wanted to share a couple seconds. This new feature makes it very easy to create customized clips and share them across many platforms."
The new platform lets publishers and consumers:
- Deep link to a particular point in a news story.
- Create more revenue-generating video inventory.
- Create quick highlight reels from long-form video assets.
- Share the publishers' video on social networking platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Digg.
- Ooyala's solutions feature an intuitive user interface which requires no development. The new sharing platform is now available to all Ooyala customers.
About Ooyala Inc.
Ooyala is a video technology company with a comprehensive software platform powering the delivery, management, and monetization of high quality online video content. Its innovative analytics engine and monetization server allow video content owners to drive revenue by maximizing the value of their content. Ooyala's 500+ customers include over 200 global media and enterprise companies including Warner Brothers, Wenner Media, NTT SMARTCONNECT, Telegraph Media Group, General Mills and Electronic Arts.
For more information please contact: